1.10.2009

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS


Wow. Twenty-five years I have vested with the Federal Government (actually, twenty six... they're just a year late, lol). That is amazing. It makes me feel old, lol.
I was presented this certificate this week. When I take the time to remember where I've been, what I've experienced and what I've learned over this timeframe, it's been a pretty amazing time. Many different positions held and several agencies. I started at the very bottom and while I haven't worked myself up the very top of the ladder, I certainly have reached above the middle. I'm very fortunate. While I may dislike going to work every day I thank my lucky stars that I'm employed and have job security. The Government has provided a good life for me and it was total luck of the draw. For having limited education post-high school, it's not been a bad road at all.

5 comments:

scrappingbob said...

Congradulation, you should be really proud of your time put into your job. That is a long time at any job. WAY TO GO !

***HeatheR*** said...

Congratulations! That is quite the achivement and something to be proud of!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, my friend! It's great for them to take the time to recognize you -- even if they are a year late! ;-)
Hope you treated yourself to a margarita (or something along those lines)! You deserve to be very proud of yourself!

Jill Marie Paulson said...

Wow! Congratulations! 25 years is a long time to do anything...I've been at my current place of work for 9...hope I see 25! :-)

Judi said...

Awesome girlfriend! This is quite an accomplishment in this day and age - proud of you!! big hugs to you!

Judi