1.31.2009

My baby Sprouse

I had to make the difficult decision this morning to lay my 16 year old kitty Sprouse down to rest in peace. She has had kidney stones for the last three years and it finally got the best of her. She was diagnosed with kidney failure this morning. Too old for surgery so I had to make the decision to let her go while she still had some dignity left.

We're all taking it pretty hard. This is the last pet we have that the girls grew up with. I saved Sprouse when Savannah was still in my tummy... I was eight months pregnant when I found her in 101 degree heat in a parking lot.

She has shared so much with all of us and we love her dearly. We will miss her so.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Cindy! I'm so sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts. HUGS my friend!

Jenn said...

I was so sorry to read this, Cindy. Big hugs to you and the girls. You're such a good pet-mom!
Love ya!
XOXOXOXOX

***HeatheR*** said...

So sorry for your loss, I know it is hard. I hope the rest of your weekend was better! :0(
***HeatheR***