1.24.2009

I'm an ass

Sometimes I say things that don't come out right or that come across just plain incorrectly. I'm currently feeling one of those times. While the recipient of this card has not said a peep to me about offending her, I feel that I owe her an apology. So, I'm sending her this card.

The stamp set is A 'Lil Behind from HandMStamps. When I saw this set I really fell for it and I scored during a huge sale they had the beginning of this month. I thought the images, along with the sentiments, were so stinkin' cute! Unfortunately the set didn't include the sentiment that I wanted to use with this card so I generated it on the computer. I'm not sold on the layout design and I don't think I should have used my scallop circle punch but I'm going to call it good. The recipient is not a papercrafter so I think she'll love it and it'll give her a chuckle.

I did use a couple of things that I've been wanting to do/use for a few months. I did use my rectangle nestibilities for the mat of the image (altho I can't seem to capture it on the shot) and I also used the "No copics? No problem!" technique shared by Julie Buhler. Oh, and I finally used my marker spritzer, too! So even tho the layout design has a bit to be desired, I did get to use some fun things I've not used for quite some time, if ever :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

LOVE it! I think you did a great job on it - and I really like how the scallop circle looks. I'm totally jealous you've got some Nesties! One of these days I'll get some...

Stacy Engstrom said...

Oh my gosh!! This card lays me out!! I love it!! But, I have a brass sense of humor so it's right up my alley. Thanks for sharing it. By the way I think the scallop cirle on it is perfect.
Stacy

Alexandra Lundgren said...

ROFLOL!!! I need to keep a couple like this on hand!
Absolutely wonderful job with all of the new stuff as well!