1.03.2009

Shelby's Bookmark











This is a tiny project I've been meaning to do for MONTHS. There's this darling little girl who is the granddaughter of a coworker that comes to visit at our office on occassion. She's probably in the second grade. For some reason this child LOVES me. I just simply chat with her, let her draw on my white board (but so does Grandma), and she writes me little notes with post-its. She was telling me how she loves to read and talks about what she's reading at the time. I told her I probably had a couple of book at home that my girls had grown out of and I'd pass on to her. Well, I've had a book set out for MONTHS but I wanted to make her a cute bookmark to go with it. And she has not forgotten, lol (about the book, not the bookmark - she has no clue about that). So, here it is... finally! Why did it take me so long to make this I have no clue. I spent more time online trying to find one to CASE than I did actually making the danged thing (and I didn't CASE at all, lol). I'll be happy to send this home with her grandma on Monday.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Super cute idea! Mind if I CASE it? Maybe we can make these at Danielle's birthday party - the girls all loved making journals last year, so they'd probably like this too!

***HeatheR*** said...

So cute! What a nice gift, she will be sure to always remeber the nice "lady" at Grandmas work! :0)