8.05.2008

She's gone

After four days of giving my Shadow girl alot of love and attention (which is nothing new) I made the difficult decision today to take her in and have her put to sleep. I was going to just let her pass naturally but after coming home today and seeing her not be able to walk or even get up I could no longer allow her leave this earth without dignity and respect due to her. I will miss my girl but know she will now go and play with Buddy in the wildflowers. Shadow will always remain in my heart. Sixteen years she has blessed me with and my life has been fuller because of her.

7 comments:

Kim Scraps! said...

Big hugs to you and your girls.

Ice Escape said...

awww, I'm so sorry Cindy. We lost our kitty last week too, although she had only been a part of our family for 3 years its still hard. **HUGS***
Heather

Judi said...

Cindy, I am so sorry that you and the girls had to let Shadow move on. Keeping you guys in my thoughts this evening! Love you,
Judi

Jenn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Cindy! I've been thinking about you lots this week, and I really was hoping for some miraculous turn around for her... I know she was getting old, but still... I didn't want her to leave you yet.
I really wish I was there to give ya a squeeze right now! Know that I'm thinking of you, and the girls, okay?
Lotsa Love!
Jenn

Unknown said...

Awww, I'm so sorry! These little fur babies sure know how to work their way into our hearts, don't they? Big hugs to you.

Laurel said...

So very hard to have to make a decision like that. We had to do the same for our 14 year old dog a few months ago. One of the hardest things we ever did. I feel for you.

You asked about some stamps on my blog. The Post was titled 'Three Down three to go" The ladies are from American Art Stamps (Emerson quillan) and the sentiment is from River City Rubberworks. Thanks for your comment.

Lynn Put said...

How sad :(
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. I'm a cat lover and own a long hair calico and would be very sad if I lost her. You did the right thing by ending her pain.
{{Big Hugs}}